Monday, May 20, 2013

Victor Got Baptized

May 13, 2013


HELLO MY DEAR FAMILIA!
     Oh what a day yesterday was! I had been looking forward to it all week and it couldn't have gone more perfectly! There's just something about being able to see your faces and expressions that made it seem more real than on the phone. Man, do I miss all your voices! Never did I think that would be something I would miss so much! My prayers have been answered, and thus far it has not been too distracting. Thank goodness! I was so nervous it was going to make me homesick and distracted! I'm sad that I didn't get to see Ashy, but I got to read her letter she sent us today and I was laughing the entire time! She is hilarious! I could totally feel her personality the entire letter. Oh man, that girl! Well, this letter probably won't be as long as usual because we got to skype yesterday, but I do want to talk about Victor's baptism!!!! :) VICTOR GOT BAPTIZED!!!! YAY!
        So, we had been preparing and meeting with him this past week and everything went really smoothly. I was a little stressed because this was the first baptism I had ever had to plan and I since I'm training, I'm the one that's suppose to know how to do it. Let me tell you, there is a lot more that goes into preparing for the baptismal service than I thought. Our ward mission leader was out of town as well so we had to do it all on our own. Luckily, the Elders had a baptism on Saturday too so we shared the service and it made it a lot less stressful because we only had to plan



Victor's Baptism Day


for one of the songs, prayer, talk, ect. I gave a talk on the gift of the Holy Ghost and talked about His many roles in our life. As the service started and a member of our bishopric (who was conducting) welcomed everyone to this special day for Victor, Sister Wuebkes and I looked over at Victor and tears were just streaming down his face. It's moments like these that make all the hard parts and days of missionary work so worth it and rewarding. Victor was so excited and ready. Our district leader, Elder Lusk, interviewed him the night before and told me that he could just feel of his strong testimony and spirit. Victor had to be baptized twice and it took three men in the font to baptize him because he had a stroke about 3 years ago and he is paralyzed on the left side of his body and he's a pretty big guy, but the second time he was completely submerged in the water and it all went well. He was confirmed yesterday! Sister Wuebkes and I are going to now start working with him and his wife to help them hopefully get to the temple. This was definitely the highlight of this past week and of course, being able to skype you guys!
Another quick thought I had this week as I was reading in Alma..... I was in Alma 50:19, 22-23. It says, "And thus we see how merciful and just are the dealings of the Lord, to the fulfilling of all his words unto the children of men; yea, we can behold that his words are verified, even at this time, which he spake unto Lehi saying: Blessed art thou and thy children; and they shall be blessed, inasmuch as they shall keep my commandments they shall prosper in the land...." And then a few verses later it says that "there never were a happier time among the people of Nephi, since the days of Nephi, than in the days of Moroni." I don't know why these verses just hit me. All throughout the Book of Mormon there are verses that say if they keep the commandment they will prosper. This is a promise the Lord gives them and He always keeps His promise. The people of Moroni were a happy people because they did just that. It is that simple, WE MUST KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS! One thing I have learned is, when the Lord feels the need to repeat things multiple time throughout the Book of Mormon, it is because He knows this is something we are going to have a difficult time remembering and that it needs remembering. Well, I love you guys so much and I'm so grateful for all your love and support! I can definitely fill it a couple hundred miles away! LES AMO!
con mucho amor,
                  Su Hermanita Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment