Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I have a new companion Sister Weubkes


April 22, 2013


Querida Familia!
   Como estan??? Wow, what a weekend it sounds like you guys had! I must say, I was thinking about you guys a lot yesterday. It's so weird, I feel like Heavenly Father has blessed me to be able to put you guys, home, and friends in a place in my heart so that I can focus on the work, but there are days, like yesterday, where it's just a little bit harder. I just try to stay so busy and focussed though and then all is well!
   So this week has been a week of transitions and miracles! On Wednesday, Hermana Thorne and I got to go to the temple with a recent convert named Brian. I love Brian! He has cerebral palsy and is so sweet and is like a genius. Seriously, whenever Hna. Thorne and I would go visit him and we would talk about the scriputes or church, he would know so much more than us! He has already read all of Jesus the Christ and he hasn't even been a member a year. Simply an incredible person! We got to witness such a sweet and incredible moment as we watched him be baptized and confirmed for his dad. Tears were rolling down my eyes as I saw this. Missionary work is so incredible!

 Sadly, I had to say goodbye to my trainer (aka mama in the mission), Hna. Thorne on thursday morning. I will forever be grateful to Heavenly Father for allowing me to have such an incredible trainer. I feel so blessed! I have learned so much from her and I will miss her. But, surprise, surprise.....  I AM TRAINING A NEW MISSIONARY!!!! QUE EN EL MUNDO! Actually, I was told about a week and a half ago by the Assistants to the President that I had been recommended to train a new missionary and that they wanted me to come to the mission home for a training. I was completely freaking out because this usually doesn't happen. With the new program the church has, missionaries are suppose to have a trainer for the first 12 weeks so I was never expecting to train right away. But, I guess this is Heavenly Father's plan for me so I am embracing it. I am actually loving it so far though. My new comopanion is Sister Weubkes! She's from a small town in Montana (like even smaller than Boulder, can you even imagine that! hahah) and this is her first time away from home. Needless to say, the city that we're in can be a little shock to anyone, let alone someone who hasn't been away from home. She is adjusting super well though! Originally her call was in english but President switched it to spanish, so I have been trying to teach her a few things. So far, she is able to ask someone how they are doing and introduce herself. So it's a good start! This means that I will have to teach all the spanish lessons completely alone for a good while! It's going to be a fun adventure seeing that Hna. Thorne usually taught most of the lesson in spanish and I would throw in a few things here and there. I have already seen my language improve in the past few days and I know Heavenly Father will bless me to be able to communicate with our spanish investigators. I have serioulsy learned and grown so much these past few days. I am so grateful for this opportunity to train because it is forcing me to stretch and grow and more fully rely on Heavenly Father.
    We have had an incredible week full of miracles! I have seen God's hand in this work so much these past few days. First, I want to start out with Anthony. We went to the library (we sometimes go here to teach lessons in one of the rooms) for an appointment, but the person we were suppose to meet didn't end up showing up. As we were waiting outside, we met a man named Anthony who was just lingering around like he wanted to talk to us. We started talking to him and I asked him if he had some time to have a lesson. So, we ended up going in and using one of the rooms in the library. It was the most incredible first lesson I have ever had on the mission. The spirit was so strong and he literally is like a golden investigator. He told us that he had seen many Mormon missionaries growing up but that each time they would knock on his grandma's door, she wouldn't let them in. He said that he had always wanted to meet the missionaries again and that the night before he had prayed to God to give him more of His word. WHAT A MIRACLE! At the end of the lesson, I invited him to be baptized, and do you know what he said..... "I've been waiting for someone to ask me that." WHAT! Oh my goodness, he is so so so prepared! Such a testimony builder to me that God is in the details of our lives. Another lesson we had this week was with a girl named Brittany. I don't know if I've told you guys too much about her, but we have been visiting her and her boyfriend Chris off and on for the past few weeks. Her boyfriend is actually a member, kind of inactive, but we decided we needed to reteach the Restoration and we also watched the Restoration movie. After the movie, I felt the spirit tell me that I needed to invite her to baptism. I was a little scared, but I did it because I knew that's what Heavenly Father wanted me to do. We invited her and asked her if once she began to read the BOM and pray about it and Joseph Smith, if she got her answer, would she be baptized. She said YES! So she has a baptismal date in May as well. Another man we taught last night, Nokomis also now has a baptismal date. He is wonderful as well. He has had a completely crazy life but has turned it all the way around. God is preparing his people. I know this to be true because I have seen it time and time again this week! Yo se que Jesucristo vive y que esta iglesia es Su iglesia. I love you all so much! We are so blessed! LES AMO MUCHO!!!! XOXOXO
Con Amor,
        Hermana Jorgensen
Pizza with a sweet member of our ward, Jennifer.

A beautiful day at the temple.

A three generation picture.  Hermana Thorne (my mamma of the mission who taught me), Me, and Sister Weubkes (now mi hija who I will teach).

No comments:

Post a Comment