Saturday, June 15, 2013

Through the third transfer :)


HELLO MI BONITA FAMILIA!!!
     First off, Happy Happy Anniversary to the greatest parents ever! I can't say I completely remembered (I'm sorry), but luckily Pressy reminded me! hahaha I've been thinking all day about how Ashy is going to call! Man, I'm so jealous! I sure hope we can figure something out at Christmas so that we can all talk together for a little bit! How is she? I can't believe she's already out of the MTC! That went quick! Now were going to have two Hermana Jorgensen out in the real world! I'm so excited for her to begin her new adventure!
     Well, this week here has been a little bit challenging to say the least. It started out okay in the beginning of the week. We finally got to go over and talk to Lucy and she had been doing pretty good with reading her scriptures and praying. She was reading about Lehi's vision about the tree of life. We showed her a picture and compared it to her life and how she is on the journey to the tree and holding onto the rod. She really liked it. I then felt prompted that we needed to share the law of chastity. It went really well and she seemed to understand everything. She said, "Well, it looks like we'll be getting married then." We knew it wasn't going to be an easy route, but we were excited that she felt that way. It all went down hill when we texted her the next day.  We were going to go visit her that night and she said that she didn't know why we wanted to come anymore if she couldn't be baptized. We were completely confused. It was like a night and day difference. We asked what had happened and she said that her "husband" doesn't want to get married right now. We asked if we could come up and talk to her (since she just lives upstairs from us) and this whole week she has just been dodging us. She keeps making up all these excuses about how she hasn't had anytime this week. It's so sad because I know that she knows the Book of Mormon is true and she was so excited to get baptized. We have just been wanting to see her and talk to her in person to see how she is feeling and what's really going on. It's just such a hard situation because her "husband" is so sick, like he's literally dying. Anyway, needless to say, it's been a little bit of a hard week.
     We don't really have any super solid investigators right now. We are in the process of finding new people to teach. We have been talking to many people, but we haven't had too many that have actually accepted a return visit. It's incredible how many people (including members of our ward) want to talk about everything but the gospel when we come over! At times, I feel like they think we are counselors and we get to hear way way way too much about everyone's personal lives. My companion and I are just trying to step forward and have faith that God is preparing those for us to teach. We are trying new ideas to find people. This week we went and visited Lawanda. I don't know if I've ever told you guys about her. She's a recent convert, her and her daughter (who's 12). Hermana Thorne and I use to go visit them a lot. We haven't been able to for the last little while because she is always so so busy with work. We finally got to go see them this week though and it was so great! I love their family so much! She's a single mom with 5 kids. She told us she is going to be quitting her job and is going to start working on her GED so they'll be able to come to church now hopefully! She has a 9 year old son named Mikey and we are hopefully going to be able to start working with him because he hasn't been baptized yet and wants to be!
     So, this week I've been thinking a lot about goals. Let's just say I've been having some 1/3 of the way done with the mission breakdowns! I've been thinking about all the things I've learned and how much I've grown and I have just really been focusing on setting goals for the next year or so because I know if I don't, this time will just pass me by too quick and I'll come to the end with regrets. One of the things that I really want to work on is developing Christ-like attributes. Sister Wuebkes and I have been talking all week about our many goals and trying to make plans on how we can accomplish them. Often times I feel like the end goal is so far out of reach that I just don't even start, but as I've broken it down to transfers (6 weeks) and days, they seem a lot more attainable. Well, I'm sorry this email was kind of everywhere and not too exciting. Please, please, please pray for Hermana Wuebkes and I that we can find those that Heavenly Father has prepared! I love you all so very much! Have such a wonderful week! XOXOXO
Con Amor, 
           tu hermanita jorgensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment