Friday, August 16, 2013

FELLOW CHEESE HEADS, 50 MEXICANS, & A SWEET OLD MAN :)


July 30 2013

    Hello My Beautiful Familia! I have felt beyond loved this week! Seriously, three packages and so many letters all in one week! I have the greatest family and friends! Thank you Mama y Padre for the lovely package! I especially loved the doterra bug spray! haha I'll give that a try. Although, the bugs have been pretty alright lately. And, please tell Tiff she's the sweetest and thank you! Also, Grandma and Grandpa Robinson, you're the best! My companion and I are in heaven with all the treats!
     Let's see, this week has been a little slow and discouraging. People have this thing, it's called agency, and it can be so frustrating! The new area I came into, just had 3 baptisms this last transfer, so now were back to the finding stage, which I feel like I've been in this stage for the past 3 months of my mission. We are just trying to get those we find to begin progressing. Dylan and Porche (the two that I talked about last week), fell off the planet. We've been trying to call and text them, but they won't respond. It's just sad, because we've had such powerful lessons with them and they have been so prepared, and then Satan just comes in and messes it all up. We are not giving up on them, but for now, we need to keep searching for others. It's so weird because when I was full proselyting, we were out in our area from 1-9, and now typically we get about 3 hours in our area each day if we are lucky. So, I'm just still trying to get use to it.
     Sunday, we hit a low and were just feeling down. We prayed specifically before we went out that night, that we could find someone that was prepared, and we ran into a guy named Lorenzo Abby. He told us he actually had just gone to see the Kansas City Temple like last week and that he goes often because he just loves it. He's been to Utah and been to church with some of his friends. WHAT! This guy is so prepared. He told us that he is  looking for a church where he just feels it. Well buddy, here it is! We are hopefully meeting with him tonight. Moral of the story, Heavenly Father answers prayers. He is so aware of our situations and desires.
     Last night, we felt like we needed to go see a family that was on our ward list, that nobody really knew much about. We got there and they were just the warmest people I have ever met on my mission. Guess what, they are from Wisconsin! All these people I keep meeting from Wisconsin! It's so great! So we talked all about Wisconsin (remember that mi companera is also from there!). They have the same Packer cups that we have! They even brought up all these pictures they have signed by the my favorite, Brett Favre and Donald Driver. When I saw Donald's picture, I couldn't help but think of Grandma Jorgensen :) It was just so neat to connect with them at such a personal level. I guess they moved here about a year and a half ago and they haven't had any contact with the ward. They have been to the temple open house and all the historical sites, so I don't think they are like against the church. So, we are going to help them get back! We invited them to come this Sunday, so let's cross our fingers!
     As for the jail this week, I witnessed one of the sweetest things in my entire life yesterday. I took through an older man and his family. Immediately, as he walked in the room where the jail is, he began to cry. Actually, it was more like sob and he did so for the entire 20 plus minutes that we were in there. He was so touched by the powerful spirit that was there. It is just incredible to get to watch the spirit touch people as they go through this wonderful historic site. Another quick jail story, so I was downstairs eating lunch, when I got a call asking me if I would come up and give a tour because they had an unexpected bus tour come in from Mexico. WHAT IN THE WORLD! There were 50 of them! I had never given a tour that big yet, let alone in Spanish. I wanted to just crawl up in a corner and die! Luckily though, they had a translator, so it worked out wonderfully. He translated all the history, and then I'd just bare my testimony in Spanish. It was such a neat experience! Never did I think I'd get to share my testimony to 50 people from Mexico, in the jail. That night, I told my companion, "I guess it takes 50 people from Mexico, to come in and remind me that I'm a Spanish sister and that I need to keep studying it." Seriously, a sign from God because I hadn't studied Spanish in like 2 weeks and I could tell such a huge difference. Since that tour, I've tried to study it a little, but it's just hard because we have no scheduled time for it right now because it's summer and the jail is so darn busy.

     Well, I feel like this email has been kind of long and I'm beginning to start rambling! haha I just want you guys to know that I love you beyond words, that I have a testimony of this gospel, and that I know that Jesus is the Christ, HE LIVES, and this is His church. We are blessed beyond measure! Count your blessings and have fun in Europe you lucky ducks! LES AMO! XOXOXO

   Sister Rackham and I looking beautiful at the end of a yucky humid day, picking up a dead toad for one of our soon to be investigators (she just doesn't know it yet;) ) We stopped by to chat, and they talked about how there was this dead toad just stuck to their driveway. The words, "I can pick it up for you", came out of my mouth before I could really even process what I was about to do. Oh, the things we do for the people we love. I love this lady! Haven't really told you much about her, but she's really good friends with a lot of our members. She has two girls, Ashlyn Danielle (yes I'm dead serious, how cool is this!) and Emma. They are the sweetest!








No comments:

Post a Comment