Thursday, June 12, 2014

My Last Mission Email!!!

June 10, 2014

My Dearest Fam and Friends!!

I cannot even believe I will be seeing your beautiful faces in just a few days! It just doesn't seem real yet. Leaving such a huge part of my life is so bitter sweet, but I am so excited to see everyone again. Knowing and hearing how excited you guys are has actually helped me get excited for home, so thank you!

This week has been oh so long for some reason. I think it's because of the whole anticipation thing. Mom, I loved that in your email this week you said you were up writing it at 12:30 a.m.  because you just couldn't sleep because you were so excited! I've been having some of those nights myself. In fact, I've had to take a Benadryl twice because my brain just wouldn't shut off and also because I've sick. Can you believe it?! My last week and I have been sick for it! Heavenly Father's so funny sometimes! I'm feeling a little bit better now. Still have a deep cough, but hopefully that goes away in the next few days. I don't want to go home sick. :(

It has been such a great week though! Lots of hugs and goodbyes and a whole lot of food! Everyone and their dog wants to take us out for dinner. In the past week we have gone out for dinner over 7 times. Not going to miss that! haha The best part of this whole week though was on Sunday. Brother Harvey got baptized!!! :) That morning we had stake conference and our stake president announced his baptism to the WHOLE stake. He said, "It would be great if we could get a thousand people there!" The funny thing about all this is that for the past two weeks Brother Harvey has talked about how he doesn't want a ton of people there. Whoops! Good things he has a great sense of humor and he just laughed. It was such a beautiful baptism! The spirit was so strong. Right when he walked out in his baptismal suit, Sister Harvey just started bawling because she's waited for this day for over 20 years. So, of course, I start crying and have tears pretty much the whole hour. I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and shared with him the story about the day we met. He was crying too. After he was confirmed he asked if he could bear his testimony. It was so good and so strong! He talked about how on May 23rd he had been praying to know if this was the right thing and he asked God to show him. He went out that day and that was the day he got a hole in one. He said that is when he knew it was right! How cool is that! I love him so much! Our spirits just connect so perfectly, the same way with the Burchs. I cannot wait to come back and see them sealed next year! God is good!

I want to end with a quote that I found from one of the early members of the church living here in 1831. In the quote, he is talking about building Zion, but I feel that this describes how a mission feels perfectly!

"When I think back over the vicissitudes through which I had passed in such a short period, it seems more like a dream than reality and when I think of it all as real, I feel a weight of gratitude to God that I find no words to express."

I love this! With every fiber of my being, I have LOVED my mission. Anyone that knows me well, knows that I have known for a long time that this was what Heavenly Father wanted me to do. I am so grateful for his guidance in showing me why I needed to serve. I am grateful for my testimony that has been solidified as I have served. I know that Jesus is the Christ - that He lives, loves us, and that this is His church. I love you all so much and cannot express enough how much your love, support, and prayers have strengthened me on my mission. I'll see you soon! :) LOVE YOU!

love always,
               Hermana Jorgensen













1. This is my ward mission leader and his wife :)
2. Independence 1st Crew



3. Our Elders.
4. Sick my last week of the mission :(



5. Brother and Sister Harvey <3
6. Happy BAPTISM Day :)




No comments:

Post a Comment