Thursday, June 12, 2014

Talked to Ashy on the phone.

June 3, 2014

My Dearest Fam and Friends!!

Oh what a week it has been! As you know, I got to talk to my Ashy on the phone!!! I LOVED it! It felt so surreal to talk to her and hear her voice. Although it has been over a year since we've actually gotten to talk, it felt so normal to talk to her. This is why I love the mission. I feel like relationships don't change despite the fact that I haven't seen everyone for the past 18 months. I love my Ashy so much! She has grown and changed and her testimony is so strong. I could just feel it as she talked to me. I am so proud of her!

May 31st was such a good day! Heavenly Father is so kind to me. He knew that this would be a hard day for me but surprisingly, I stayed focused on the work. On this day, our investigator Donna committed to be baptized! It was actually really funny. As we were inviting her to be baptized, she said, "I was wondering when you guys were going to ask me this!".  She grew up RLDS but many of her friends are members of our church. She is so solid and I am so excited for her! I did think of my beautiful Abby a lot that day. In fact, when I was at the VC taking my lunch break, I looked down at my watch and it was right when they were getting sealed. I am so so happy for you Abs!

Sunday was such a good day too! We had four investigators come to church and one of them was FATA! YAY! We have been teaching him for quite a while and this is the first time he came. It was such a good Sunday! I gave my departing testimony. I am going to be sad to leave this ward. I love them all so much!

Last update for the week..... Lloyd Harvey is getting baptized this Sunday!! I am so excited for him and can't wait for you guys to meet them! His 16 year old grandson is going to be baptizing him. How special is that! We have seen him progress and grow so much just in this past month. It's incredible! Living the gospel of Jesus Christ changes people! I have seen this time and time again on my mission. It has changed those that I have worked with, my companions, and me. I am so grateful for my Savior and His teachings. I know that He is the only way to true peace and happiness.

I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week! See you soon!

love always,
           Sister Jorgensen


PS - The lady you guys met on the cruise came in this past week and I got to meet her! She gave me a hug from you guys! It was so fun! Always a small world when it comes to the church!




1. Our missionary correlation meeting! Us, the Elders, and the Faletaus (our ward mission leader and his wife). Love them!
2. Love this woman! This is Legend's grandma, Sister Iosua! Because next week is stake conference, technically it was my last week in our ward and everyone made me leis





1. Fata and Rachel finally came to church! Oh happy day!!!! :)

2. This is Donna! We've been teaching her for about a month and she's getting baptized in three weeks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment