Sunday, September 1, 2013

Another transfer comes but i'm still in jail :)


August 27, 2013

My dear FAMILIA,
     Oh my goodness KK's going to be a misionera! :) YAY! She's going to be so great! That is seriously the neatest thing that her and Nick will have served their missions in the SAME CITY! WOW! So lucky! I guess at least Ashy and I are linked with a language! Although I haven't spoken any Spanish the past almost two months and I've been being a bad girl and not studying it like at all. There just is no time. I don't want to take time out of our area because we typically only have 2 to 3 hours out proselyting everyday as it is, but that is one of my new goals this transfer. Oh ya by the way, last week was transfers. Nothing changed for Sister Rackham and I, which we weren't really surprised. I'm so glad I get to be with her another transfer! I really do love this girl! She makes me want to be a better person every single day! Last transfer was a little slow, but we feel like were moving now so it's exciting!

     Last night we went to dinner at one of our member's house and they had a little girl named Ashlyn and a boy named Preston! Can you believe it! I was in heaven! Made me miss you guys! 

Well, getting to the missionary part of this week, AJ came to church! Can I get a HALLELUJAH! We were so very excited! That has been something he has been hesitant about for the past 3 weeks and we couldn't really narrow it down to why. So, we decided to invite him to the church on Saturday for a church tour and lesson so that he would be comfortable and come the next day. The lesson was wonderful! We taught him the gospel of Jesus Christ (faith, repentance, baptism, gift of the HG, and endure to the end) in the chapel. We also asked him if he had read 2 Nephi 31 because that's what we asked him to do the last lesson. He said he did and that afterward he prayed and HE KNOWS IT'S TRUE!!! AHHHH! He told us that's why he came, because he got an answer! Heavenly Father answers prayers! So, we got to church on Sunday and couldn't find him and Sacrament meeting was starting. We were so bummed, but as we went to sit down we saw him there sitting with three kids from the priest quorum. Seriously, this ward is the best! They just jump right on this whole fellow shipping thing! So, these boys went with him to the next hour and then took him to Priests. He told us he absolutely loved priests! Afterwards, one of the boys in his class invited him over for lunch with his family. This is so perfect for AJ because he's coming from a broken home where the parents have been pretty hands off. Here at church he will have a supportive, loving, ward family. Isn't this just the best news ever?!?! HOORAY!

     Another wonderful story this week.......We finally made it back to see the Burch's (the couple from Wisconsin who are converts but have been inactive for many many years). We showed them this Mormon message about coming back and boldly asked what was holding them back. They finally opened up to us about how when they were converts of only 6 months, they were offended by a bishop about something. I won't go into details, but after we heard all of this, Lisa told us she still knows that his church is true, but John isn't completely sure. They are still very hurt about the whole situation. Sister Rackham and I testified that this is Christ's church, yes the people aren't perfect, but this is the real deal. We asked them if we could come share messages each week with them to help them build their faith. They agreed but John isn't promising anything. He's a little stubborn, but guess what, this girl can be stubborn too :) Yes, I told him that and he just laughed. They really do love and trust us and we truly feel like we are meant to be here to help them. So, this was an exciting break through moment.

     Well, this whole time on the mission thing is the weirdest. Weeks are just flying by and it makes me so nervous. I've already been out for almost 8 months. Can you believe it?! I am so grateful for the time I've already had to serve the Lord and look forward to the next 10. Being able to serve a mission is the greatest blessing! To be a part of our Father in Heaven's most precious work every single day is incredible! There isn't a day that goes by that I'm not reminded that we have a loving Heavenly Father who knows us individually. He truly is a God of miracles!  How lucky I have been to get to work alongside Him and see His hand in the lives of His children everyday! I sure do love you guys a whole lot! You're the best support any missionary could ask for! XOXOXO



This is my absolute FAVORITE family in our ward. Like, we will definitely be going to visit them when you guys come!  They just moved here from India. She is seriously like my mission mom. She is always making sure we are being taken care of and cooks the best dinners! They came in on Sunday night and Sister Rackham and I got to take them through. It was so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment