Monday, September 16, 2013

Dinner, Wisconsin style :)


September 10, 2013

HELLO MY BEAUTIFUL FAMILIA!
     So, this email probably won't be as long as others because we don't have too much time on the computers today. We spent a lot of the day in Kansas City so there just aren't enough hours in the day to do everything! Today was a lot of fun though. We went with one of the Senior Couples that serves with us at the jail. I don't know if I've told you about them. They're the Stevenson's and they're so wonderful! This was our 3rd field trip together. Today we went to the Federal Reserve Bank, Union Station, and a WWI Museum. So although I definitely don't have as many cool things to do and see here as Ashy does, we're still finding ways to have fun on P-days.
     Well, I guess I'll just start off with the sad news of the week. We got a text on Wednesday from AJ telling us that his dad will not let him get baptized. :( We were heartbroken and there really isn't much we can do because without that permission, he can't.
     On a brighter note though, Mercedes is progressing really well! She is feeling so great for her baptism on September 21st! She kinda reminds me of Ashy in some ways. She's hilarious, obsessed with Rihanna, and just a people person! Funny story of the week about her..... So on Sunday, I guess one of the girls in the ward was telling her that converts have the strongest testimonies and how lucky she was that she was going to be a convert. Mercedes turned to her and said, "I'm offended, don't you dare call me a convert." She was telling us this story later that day and we think she was confusing the word convert with convict. haha We told her what it meant and she was like, oh gosh, I feel so dumb, I need to go apologize to that girl. Another Mercedes story this week..... On Sunday we went to the Independence Visitor Center and when we walked in, one of the sisters greeted us and we introduced Mercedes and told them that she was going to get baptized on September 21st. Then Mercedes said, "Yep, I'm getting baptized on the day that the angel Moroni first visited Joseph Smith." Sister Rackham and I both looked at each other and were thinking, "WHAT, who is this girl?" She then told us she was reading in the introduction of the Book of Mormon and found that date. This girl is so cool! She has been so prepared and is so ready! It has been so neat to get to be on this journey with her. I just love thinking about how she has her whole life in front of her and what a blessing it will be for her to now have the gospel. I cannot wait for you guys to meet her!
     Well, I love you guys mucho! I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve the Lord! This is His greatest work! I know with all my heart that this is Christ's church, restored again on the earth. WE ARE BEYOND BLESSED! Count your blessings! LOVE YOU! XOXOXO
     Con Mucho Amor,
                    Hermana Jorgensen
 
1. Dinner, Wisconsin style! We ate with the Burchs this week and I just had to get a picture of this lovely combination. It was bringing back many fun memories watching football games with the fam!

2. We call this our B.O.M. Book Club! Mercedes (she's the one in the very middle) suggested we call it that from day one. Much of the time it involves drinks from Sonic and they are oh so good! The other two girls are also in our ward. They've all been good friends for quite a while and they are both going on missions in the next little bit. It has been so much fun to get to meet with all of them a few times each week.

3. On the STEPS at the jail with my beautiful hermana =)

4. We went to the VC in Independence on Sunday. It was such a great experience for Mercedes!  


5. This is Mercedes Davis and she's getting baptized on September 21st! Can I just tell you, I love this girl so much! She is such a hoot!


No comments:

Post a Comment