Saturday, May 31, 2014

"ALL IN"

May 27, 2014

My Dearest Fam and Friends!

For some reason this week has felt so long and so jam packed with so many things to do! So many people here in the mission field keep reminding me that I don't have too long left, and I know it isn't that much longer, but I just still feel like there are a lot of appointments, meetings, and things that I need to do. I don't really know how to explain it. It's kind of like during finals week at BYU when you are so close to being done but it doesn't hit you because you are so focused on that week of finals. That's the best analogy I've got! It really has been a good week though. Everyone is out of school here so that's exciting! That means all of the kids we are teaching have easier schedules and that there are more people out and about.

This week we had our mission temple trip. It was so great! I got to be there with all of my companions that are still in the mission. President and Sister Keyes focused our meeting on families and how the gospel blesses families. I have really been pondering about that a lot lately. In fact, I'm actually giving a training in district meeting tomorrow about how we can bless and strengthen our families as missionaries. I got the sweetest letter from Sister Dunn this past week and talked about the ways that she has seen my mission bless our family and it was exactly what I needed to hear. I might even be using it in my training! ;)

I also had interviews with President Keyes and it was wonderful. Half way through it he had to stop himself because he said it was sounding too much like an exit interview. It's really neat to be going home within two weeks of your mission president because we are going through the same feelings (except he's been here twice as long and is the mission president so I'm sure it's multiplied times a million). I love him and Sister Keyes so much. They have both taught me so much and I see exactly why they were suppose to be my mission president and mom. President Keyes has such a powerful testimony of the Savior and His gospel and every time he bears it, it pierces my soul. I just love them dearly!

Wednesday when we were in the temple, I saw the Gale family (this is the family that Lhaylla lived with that is from the Liberty 1st ward). They told me that if all goes as planned, Lhaylla will be getting baptized on June 15th by their son who is serving in Brazil right now. Can you believe that!! Oh, I'm so excited and happy for her!

The work is going well here. Brother Harvey's baptism date has been changed from the 7th to the 11th of June. He got a hole in one like 4 days ago and I guess when that happens you have to buy everyone a beer, so he broke the word of wisdom but he will still be getting baptized before I leave! :) We had dinner with the Iosua's on Sunday and taught Legend one of his new member lessons. This little boy remembers everything! It's the best. He's so solid and such a good kid. Can't wait for you to meet him Preston! :)

I am so so grateful for the gospel. I have no idea what I would do without it. I feel like I've been very much out of the world for the past year and a half but as I look around and see what has changed, it has made me evermore grateful for the truths that I hold dear to my heart. We live in a time where we have to be "ALL IN" as my mission president would say. In that, he means that as missionaries, we need to be all in (heart, might, mind, and strength) - dedicated to the Lord and His work. Although this phrase is used by him in talking about the work, I believe it is still so relevant and real for everyone. We need to be "ALL IN" for the Lord. We do not live in a time where we can just go day to day and let life make of us what it does, but we need to consciously be choosing the Lord in all we do. I know that this is what it means to be a member of the church and I am so grateful for my membership in His church. I love Him and know that He lives.

I love you all!! Make it a great week! XOXOX

love always:
       Sister Jorgensen


1. My ward family :)


2. P-day Adventures!



Lacey's Baptism! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment