Monday, July 15, 2013

God is a God of Miracles

June 24, 2013



MY DEAR BEAUTIFUL FAMILIA!!!!
I can't even thank you guys enough for that lovely package! I LOVED it! I just opened it and could feel your love! I have the best, most supportive family in the world, end of story! So I'm going to attempt to talk about this week. I must say, I'm completely distracted and having quite a hard time focusing because the guy next to me is blaring music that I haven't heard in 6 months. Man, I'm becoming a weird missionary! haha But, bear with me and I hope it won't be everywhere!  
     So, this week Hermana Wuebkes and I have really been trying to seek the Lord's guidance more in how we can work more effectively in this area. We have kept feeling like the Lord wants us to work more with Spanish families. We have been hesitant and haven't really been working with as many people who speak Spanish as we could or probably should, because we aren't extremely strong in this area (the other sisters in our ward are both native speakers). So, we decided we were going to seek out Spanish families now, partly because, in all honesty, they are the more normal, prepared people in this city. We've been working with a lot of English investigators lately and they are just a little crazy! Not trying to stereotype or anything, but that's just how it's been! So here we go to speaking the beautiful language of espanol! :) Once we decided this, it's like the Lord just opened that door! Last week, we met this guy named Ignacio at Pizza Hut and I shared a short message with him. I asked if we could come visit and share more of this message with his family and he didn't say yes but he didn't say no. He told us if we were in the area we could stop by. So of course, we were "in the area" this past Friday and got to teach their whole family about the Restoration. All 9 of them! :) He has 7 kids, a suburban, and an excursion! Sound like a Mormon family in the making to you?? haha But seriously, I have never felt the spirit so strong as I bore my testimony to this family in Spanish. It was an incredible incredible experience! We are hopefully going to see them tonight so I will keep you updated on how it goes. 
     So, remember how these past couple of weeks we have been trying to work more with less actives and part member families?! Well, I was starting to think that we hadn't had too much luck with it because nobody was wanting to come back, but yesterday at church we had three miracles! First, Lucy came to church again! FINALLY! It was her second time. She came about a month ago and then hasn't been able to come since. I think she really enjoyed it. I kept looking over at her during sacrament meeting and she just kept nodding her head. There was one talk about choices and agency and it was just perfect for her! It's incredible how certain things shared at church can be so perfect for our investigators. This is one of the many reasons they need to come to church! Another lady that came to church was Isabella Buentello. She's less active and Hermana Thorne and I tried to visit her a few times my first transfer her. We kind of lost contact with her and then all of the sudden she just shows up at church. YES! Things like this don't ever happen! So I visited with her and we are going over to her house this week!
     Another lady I met at church was Hermana Molinar. I started talking to her and she introduced herself. The name sounded familiar (from our less active sheet) and she began to tell me that her family hadn't been at church since January. She said they use to go all the time but that they have had a problem with their car and haven't been able to come because of transportation problems. She said that her two boys went outside for two hours looking for a ride for their family so they could get to church. They found a lady at a gas station that was willing to take them. So, they paid her 10 bucks and made it to church! This woman is incredible! I loved her immediately! They are converts of three years. They converted shortly after her husband was killed in a homicide. As she was telling me all of this, we were both in tears. She told me it has been three years since he was killed and that she was left with three boys and a 6 week old little girl. Oh, my heart just breaks for this woman. She said she has really been struggling lately. Her oldest son, who's 16, just got married and he and his wife live with her and have a 2 month old baby. She said that her daughter-in-law really wants to get baptized. She asked if we would come visit her family this week, so we are going over for lunch this Thursday! I'm so excited! I just feel such a strong connection with her, like I was suppose to meet her and help her family come back to church. My testimony that the Lord is so aware of His children has grown immensely on my mission. I know that He loves us beyond our capability to comprehend and that He places people in our lives to show us His love for us.
      Last story..... So on Thursday one of our appointments fell through and we were just walking, about to start tracting, and all of the sudden, one of our members yells "Sisters!". We get in her car and she takes us to a house, actually it was Ignacio's, but we see that no cars are out so we decide to try another time. She just keeps driving and takes us to a house of a less active lady named Neva. We had never met her before, but she definitely needed us that day. She said, with tears in her eyes, that she thought she had been forgotten. She hasn't been to church in many years and she knew she needed to get back. So we shared a message from the Book of Mormon and told her we needed her at church. And guess what......she came on Sunday! YAY!!! We were so excited! People are coming back to church in Kaw River! It may have only been 3 of the many many people that are less active, but we are thrilled! 
      Well, I'm completely running out of time! But, I do love you guys so much! I'm so grateful for this gospel and the knowledge that it gives us that we can be a forever family. I'm so grateful for the temple because it is there that we can do this. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, and know that only through Him can we become who God wants us to be. I LOVE YOU ALL MUCHO! 

Con Amor, 
               Tu Hermanita Lexi Annmarie Jorgensen 

Oh, and the scripture of the week is going to be Exodus 20:8, "Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy." Short and sweet and to the point! Such a straight forward commandment! I learned so much more on my mission how important it truly is to live this commandment. It is on the sabbath, where we get to recharge our "spiritual battery". Where we receive the strength to do another week! LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment