Friday, February 7, 2014

The Burches are going to the temple :)

January 21, 2014

Dearest Fam and Friends,

     Oh what a week it has been! It's been filled with lots of ups and downs. Actually, that's pretty much missionary work every week! The good always outweighs the bad though, that's for sure.
      I'm just going to start with the sad parts of the week so we can get those out of the way. Amy and Felipe dropped us :( They said that a lot of their views didn't line up with the church's views. It's so hard because we really only taught them a few times but they researched it out themselves online. I'm not saying researching it out isn't good, but there just is a lot of stuff out there that isn't true or is half true and so it leads people to have a lot of misconceptions and to harden their hearts before we can even teach. Also, another one of our investigators Charity sort of dropped us. It was the weirdest thing. She has been totally fine all along and then she watched the Testaments this past week and was crying and just loved it. We texted her afterward to see how she was feeling and she texted us back saying that she didn't want to be baptized. She is suppose to be getting baptized in like 2 weeks. :( So, we don't really know whats going on. We're going over there this week to try and figure it out.

     Now for the happiest thing of this week (or more like the happiest thing of my whole mission). The Burch's came into the VC last night with Sister Sommer and her comp. We did the history presentation down stairs and then we went through God's Plan for His Family (in this presentation you follow a family through the years and you end at the temple and how important temples are to God's plan). Going through with them brought flashbacks to when Sister Rackham and I took them through almost 6 months ago. So many things have changed since then! It was so neat to reflect on the changes that have happened as we went through the presentation. After it was all over, I asked them how they were feeling and to share some of their thought. In unison, they both held up temple recommends!!!! Can you believe it?! I asked them when we were going. They said in April and that they will be getting SEALED! What in the world! Oh, happy day! I thought we were going to be going to do baptisms but no! This was seriously the happiest news ever! We all hugged and cried together! Oh, I just love them so much. I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father who can see the potential that each one of His children have. When Sister Rackham and I first started meeting with them, nobody would have thought that they would be where they are at today, but because our Father in Heaven gave us a glimpse of where he knew the Burch's could be, they are going to the temple!  I cannot even begin to describe to you the joy that feels my heart!

     I am so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that it is through Him that we can change, that we can repent, and grow. I know that this is His work because I have seen Him change and bless those that we teach. I love Him!
love always,
             Hermana Jorgensen





1. Lessons with Lexi! She's the girl that's 9 and is getting baptized in February.
2. TRACTING :)


John and Lisa holding up their temple recommends!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment