Saturday, February 8, 2014

Wearing Out My Shoes in the Service of My Lord


January 28, 2014

Fam Bam and Friends!

HELLLOOOOOOO! Well, it's been a great week, not too many things happened. I mean, nothing can really compare to the news of the Burchs last week! :) Let's see, updates for the week....

- Karen came to church!!! This was huge! She hasn't come at all since I've been here! She's dating a boy in our ward and is going to be getting baptized February 7th! She loves young women's and the Book of Mormon. She's awesome!

- Eleanor Tali was at church! :) I don't know if you guys remember her, but she's a less active lady that Sister Rackham and I found in Liberty and we tried working with her the entire time I was there. Anyway, I guess her parents are in this ward and her kids come to our ward too. It was such a miracle to see her on Sunday at church!

- Liberty just seems to be following me! In the past few weeks, the Lord has blessed me to be able to see so many people that I love from there. Yesterday, we were at the doctors office for my comp. and it's in Liberty. As we were just sitting in the waiting room, Sister MacDonald and her son walked in and I was in complete shock. I mean, what are the odds that I'm going to see someone I know! haha It was the best! They were like one of my homes away from home while I served there! In fact, Sister MacDonald said she had just gotten off of the phone with you mom getting your peppermint ice cream dessert recipe! haha It was such a tender mercy to see her! Heavenly Father is in the details of our lives!

- Our investigator Marilyn is the best! She reminds me of Jynx off of the district! You guys probably have no idea what I'm talking about, but I'll show you the district when I get home! It's a missionary training program, and one of the investigators on there reminds me of Marilyn. It was the best, the entire time we taught Marilyn about the doctrine of Jesus Christ, she had her little notepad out so that she could write down on all the scriptures and study them later. She is super sincere!

So, this past week, I've been studying the talk, the Fourth Missionary, for like the 10th time on the mission. It's by Elder Corbridge ( I think he's the guy that's related to the Shamos?) My goodness, do I love this talk! It talks all about how there are different kinds of missionaries and it is just loaded with so many incredible quotes. One of my favorite things he says is, " Every challenge you face, every hard thing you confront, every bad thing that happens to you, every unfairness, every conflict, every sadness, tragedy, every disappointment and heartache, every temptation and every opposition happens for one purpose only: to give you the opportunity to respond by applying in your life the teachings of Jesus. As you do so you are changed to become more like Him." I absolutely love this quote! Just in the past week, as I have shifted my mindset, I have been able to respond to things in a different way. I know that this is true. That we are given opposition so that we can develop Christ-like attributes. If you haven't read this talk, you totally should! Even though, it's specifically geared towards missionaries, it will seriously change your life! Well, I love you all so much! Know that I am happy doing the work of the Lord! Have a wonderful week! LOVE YOU!

love always,

        Sister Jorgensen





1. Wholey shoes! Guess I've been wearing these ones too much! haha It's the weirdest thing though, its only on one foot that they get worn out like that!
2. Good eatin'! Yes, that's a cake! It was huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment