Friday, March 14, 2014

Abs is engaged and I'm so happy

February 18,2014


OH MY GOODNESS!!! I cannot get over the news that my Abby is ENGAGED!!! Totally always thought I'd be there in person for things like this (kind of like when Ana and Lexie got engaged and married too haha), but even a million miles away, I am so so happy for her! I seriously can't stop smiling. People are probably looking at me here thinking I'm crazy because I've had a perma-grin on my face for the past hour here! haha CONGRATS ABS! :) I'm so very excited and happy for you!

Well, this week has been great! A little less stressful than last! It seems that the first week of transfers and training is always a little stressful and tiring. I think were finally starting to get into the groove of things though. Weeks just seem to keep flying by here. People weren't kidding when they said you're last six months just fly on by! Sometimes it makes have mini anxiety attacks! haha But, I know it's just a part of life!

Independence 1st ward is the best! So much diversity! Definitely not anywhere near Ashy's wards, but I just never thought that in the middle of the country, I would be in Spanish and Polynesian wards. Can I just tell you that I love these people! They are the nicest people you will ever meet and carry with them such an incredible spirit! Every sacrament meeting has such a strong spirit. I have truly been blessed to serve in the areas that I have and I'm so grateful!

I've decided maybe my calling is to help teenage girls (Mercedes, Lhaylla, Karen) and little kids (Lexi, Legend, Theo) learn about Christ and His gospel and help them prepare to make the covenant of baptism with Him! I seriously feel like all we are teaching are kids, but I'm not complaining. I love it! They have such a pure faith in Christ and I can truly see why Christ has instructed us to become as a little child.

The miracle of this week is that THEO IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!! I hope I've mentioned Melissa and Theo before. The sisters were teaching them long before I got here. I think they started teaching them last June or something. Anyway, Melissa is the mom and Theo is the smartest 10 year old boy I have ever met! They are so special and have such a strong faith in the restoration of Christ's church. (Melissa is the lady who called us crying one morning because she found out how Joseph Smith died. Do you remember me telling that story?) They have had a lot of hold ups along the way, or should I say Melissa has, but Theo this whole time has been begging his mom to be baptized and go to church. Melissa told us on Sunday that she doesn't want Theo to have to wait to be baptized until she can quit smoking and that she thinks it's his time. So, Theo will be getting baptized next month! :) We haven't picked an exact day yet because Melissa wants her family from out of town to come in, but we are going to finalize a day sometime this week. How exciting is this!!

Last Thursday was such a happy day too! We had Zone Conference and Elder Martino of the seventy came. It was such a powerful conference and I came away feeling so renewed and ready to finish strong! The biggest blessing of that day though, was that every single companion that is still in the mission that I have had was there! Even better, Liberty 1st ward was serving us lunch! Meaning that the McDonald's and the Burchs were there! :) It was the BEST! We were all together in the stake building that's right next to the temple! The Burchs got to tell Sister Rackham in person about them being sealed in the temple in April! :) Oh happy day! Life doesn't get much better than this!

I love this work! It is so fulfilling and so real! I am so grateful for every companion I've had and every area I have served in. The Lord really knows what He's doing and I know I have been exactly where He's needed me at the exact time! I love you guys all so much and I'm so grateful for you love and support! Make it a great week and share the gospel! :)

love always,
     Hermana Jorgensen






1. Me and my posterity! ;) Aren't they precious!



2. the Burchs, Sis. Rackham, me, and Sis. Sommer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment