Friday, March 14, 2014

Lexi got baptized!



February 25, 2014
My dearest fam and friends,

     So many good things happen this week! Lexi got baptized on Saturday! :) It has been so much fun getting to teach her. Getting to hear her sweet prayers and having her recap the lessons for us were always the best. She retold the Joseph Smith story to us once and said that the three wise-men appeared to Joseph Smith! My companion and I looked at each other and tried our hardest to not start laughing. Out of the mouth of babes!

     We finally got to start teaching Legend (Eleanor's son) this past weekend. We can only teach him every other weekend, so every time he's here, we teach him on both Saturday and Sunday. Oh my word, he is the cutest, sweetest boy! Like, I think I might have a tiny crush on him! haha Don't worry though he's 10! His personality kind of reminds me of Preston because he is so sincere and sweet. He asks the best questions too! We already are so excited to be teaching him. And guess what, he's getting baptized on March 29th! Yay, to teaching children! I guess that's my new calling!

     We were also blessed this week with two solid investigators! One, is a guy from Samoa named Fata. His wife is a less active member and he knows a lot of members in our ward because he fire dances with them. He definitely has a lot of hang ups, one being the Book of Mormon, but he's willing to listen. Last week, we introduced the Book of Mormon to him and had him read in 2 Nephi 33:10 that talks about how the Book of Mormon testifies of Christ. He read it out loud to us in Samoan and said that he loved that verse. The spirit was very strong even though we couldn't understand a word he said. That's something I love about the spirit, it surpasses all language barriers!

     Another new investigator that we started teaching this week is from Hondurus. You know what that means, she pretty much only speaks espanol! Her name is Orquidia! We met her last Wednesday and just had a lesson with her yesterday. It went really well! We took a recent convert in our ward who speaks spanish and english and she helped us out. Orquidia had read the pamphlet we gave her and is excited to start reading the Book of Mormon. We are going to be meeting with her next week! She's so cool and were so excited to be teaching in spanish!

     Last cool story of the week! Last night I took a lady named Sarah (who's a member) and her friend Stephanie (who isn't a member) through the VC. I got to teach Stephanie all about the Restoration and the Book of Mormon. It was a neat experience! The coolest part about the whole thing though, was getting to hear Sarah's conversion story. She joined the church three years ago. She told us about how she was in New York trying out for the Book of Mormon Musical on Broadway and asked her friend who's a member if she could send her a copy just so Sarah could see what the book was about. Sarah's friends told her she would send her one only if she would pray about it and read her favorite scripture she marked. So, Sarah said she would and she did exactly that. She told me that when she read that verse, she was overcome with the spirit and knew it was true. She said she didn't end up trying out and joined the church instead. How cool is that! The Book of Mormon Musical is helping bring souls to Christ! Take that Satan! haha

     As you can see, it's been a good, full week with many miracles. Something I've learned on the mission, is that God sends us little tender mercies each day, but it's our choice whether to recognize them or not. I have been such a happier missionary and person, as I've tried to see God's hand and the many tender mercies that He sends my way! I love you all so much! Keep choosing the right and make it a great week! XOXOX

love always,
        Hermana Jorgensen











1. Our sweet little Lexi got baptized on Saturday! :)



2. All of the VC sisters this morning! We had a pancake breakfast together at the Brenchley's (our vc director)!





1. Reminded me of our Ashy!




2. This sweetheart and her parents came into the VC and I jumped up to take their presentation! She is only like the 3rd or 4th person I've seen that has Down syndrome while on the mission. The first time I saw a little girl with Down syndrome, I started to cry! Pathetic, I know! This time through, I held it together! She was the coolest person! She told me all about special Olympics. She was a really good figure skater and went all around the country to compete and won two gold medals! How cool is that! It was seriously the highlight of my whole day to take them through! Reminded me of baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment