Saturday, May 31, 2014

A Funeral, A Barbeque, and A Baptism

May 20, 2014

My Dearest Fam and Friends,

Oh what a week it has been! We have been oh so busy this transfer and I love it! It helps me to stay focused and all in. This upcoming week is going to be even busier and I am so excited! Tomorrow we are going to the temple as a mission and on Friday we have interviews with President Keyes! It is going to be such a wonderful week.

This past week has been good. We have seen so many of our investigators take big steps towards baptism and we are so excited for them. We have also had a few hiccups this week with some of our investigators, but hey, that's just missionary work for you. On Thursday we got to go out to dinner with Bro. Harvey and his wife to Olive Garden! It was so much fun! We also took them through the Visitor Center through a presentation about the family. It was so good for them. Bro. Harvey is doing great and should hopefully still be getting baptized June 7th. We did teach him the Word of Wisdom last night, and to my surprise, he wasn't as familiar with it as I thought he would be. He's been married to his wife who's a member for over 20 years, and he said that she's always asked him to quit things but that he never completely put two and two together. He is all good with everything in the Word of Wisdom except for coffee and tea, which we figured. We invited him to live it and so hopefully he will be all good. Funny story, remember how I took that prom date through the VC a few weeks ago? Well, it turns out that is their grandson and he's the one that's going to baptize him! haha We pieced that together at dinner and it was so funny!

Saturday was a very busy day for us! We went to a funeral in the morning. Sister DePriest's father passed away (she's a lady that we have been working a lot with in helping her to come back to church). She asked if we would come so we did. I haven't been to a funeral in quite a while! It was really neat to be able to be there. I did a lot of pondering and reflecting as we sat through the service. The Plan of Salvation is real! It is something we teach all day everyday, but I feel like being there really helped me to solidify my testimony of this plan. Death is not the end! I am so grateful for the peace and comfort that this plan brings to us.

We also went to a barbecue on Saturday. It's a new missionary program they are trying in our ward. Each month, different families are assigned together to have some kind of activity to invite neighbors and friends to and then at the end we share a message. It went pretty good for the first try and will hopefully continue in the future. After that, we rushed over to start setting up for the baptism of Miss Lacey. Everything went so well. We were a little frazzled when 10 minutes before the program, we couldn't figure out how to print the programs and Lacey wasn't there, but after a prayer, everything seemed to work itself out. I didn't bring the right camera card today so I'll have to send pictures of the baptism next week!

Well, I love you all so so much! Hope you have such a wonderful week! I know I will! :) So excited for the temple! XOXOX

love always,

     Sister Jorgensen

No comments:

Post a Comment