Tuesday, May 13, 2014

How I loved seeing my family on Skype

May 13, 2014

My Dearest Fam and Friends!
It was oh so good to see your beautiful faces on Sunday on Skype! Man, do I miss your voices! I just love how even though I hadn't talked to you since Christmas, everything seemed so natural and normal! Makes me not as worried about how it will be when I come home. It was odd to Skype you guys so soon to me coming home though and I hate that I now know that I have a 3 hour lay over in Chicago and that I don't get home until 9 pm. Sad :( I feel like there isn't much to email about this week since I just talked to you, but I'll share a few things from this past week.
Last Wednesday, we went to visit Pheobe and Zoe. Not sure if I've told you about them yet ( I get confused about who I've talked about), but they are 11 and 9. Of course! haha Their great grandma is a member and they have come to church here and there. We started teaching them about two weeks ago and they are preparing to be baptized June 7th! We're not too sure that they are going to make their date, but we hope so. It's been so neat to teach them because they literally don't know anything. We spent a whole 45 minutes just talking about Christ and His life and what baptism is. It has been great! I love teaching kids! Our little Lacey gets baptized this Saturday! :) We are so excited for her! It has been so fun to see her learn and grow.
This past week it felt like I was in meetings a lot! We had a mission leadership council at the mission home and it was lovely. It feels so good to be with President and Sister Keyes in the mission home. Our theme this transfer is testimony. It was such a powerful meeting. I always love hearing President Keyes' testimony. It is so sincere and powerful. Every time he bears it, I cry! He and Sister Keyes will be leaving about two weeks after me. I've been so lucky to have them my whole mission. I really do believe that part of the reason you are assigned to a specific mission is because of the mission president. He has been exactly what I've needed!
On Saturday we got to watch Ephraim's Rescue! We do this thing at the Visitors Center called Friday Night Out. Each Friday we have a different activity going on and so this was that activity for the week. We brought two of our investigators to watch it. I was so excited because I'd never seen it before and had heard so many great things about it. It was incredible! I think I appreciated it so much because I have studied a lot about my own ancestors on the mission and tell the stories of many pioneers daily in the Visitors Center. I felt like they were with me throughout the whole movie. I especially felt the presence of the Elliker family who traveled all the way from Switzerland to Salt Lake. During their trek, the father and 3 kids died. I am in awe at the great sacrifice and faith that this family had. I love them and cannot wait to meet them one day! If you guys haven't seen that movie, you have to see it! It's so good!
Well, I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful week!
love always,
        Sister Jorgensen
          this is such a cute video!

No comments:

Post a Comment