Monday, May 12, 2014

HAPPY ONE YEAR MARK TO MY ASHY!!! :)

April 29, 2014

   HAPPY ONE YEAR MARK TO MY ASHY!!! :) My word, where has the time gone?! I still remember when she got her mission call and I was eating in the MTC cafeteria bawling as I read the letter. I was so excited that we would both be out for most of our missions together and I felt connected knowing that we would both be learning Spanish. It has been the best thing to have her out with me and I'm so grateful the age changed so it could all happen!

     This week I have had some pretty fun presentations at the VC! This young couple came in all dressed up and as I was greeting them, I kept thinking in my head, "Please don't tell me you came here for Prom!". Sure enough though, I was right! haha They had some time to kill before dinner, so they came to the VC of all places. It was so awkward because I felt like I was 3rd wheeling the whole time and they were just flirting away during the presentations! I had heard other sisters talk about taking people through and on their first date, but I never thought that would happen to me. I guess I was wrong! :) I also got to take a huge group of 15 year old boys, coaches, and parents that were out here for a basketball tournament. Surprisingly, it went way better than I thought it was going to. They were so much fun! I forced them to take a picture with me at the end and then it turned out blurry. :( 

I also got to call someone during our teaching center time that's from Vegas! ( I don't really know how much I've told you guys about teaching center, but we get to do it while were on shift at the VC. We get to chat with and call people all over the world. It's pretty cool!) It just so happens that someone I got to call this week is from Vegas. He's my age and has a ton of LDS friends who are on missions right now. We didn't know any mutual friends, but it was just cool to get to talk about home with him. He said I can call him next week and teach him more about the church over the phone. How amazing would it be if he joined the church and we could all go to his baptism when I get home?!

     On Saturday, we got to go to Krishan's baptism. His mom and sister attend our ward and we are pretty close with their family. I told you a little bit about them last week because we have now started teaching Zuhair (he is Krishan's brother). Anyway, this baptism was incredible! From the moment it started, the room was filled thick with the spirit. Sister Ahmed said the opening prayer (all in Spanish because she's from Columbia) and I was just bawling through the whole prayer. She could barely say the prayer because she was crying so hard. This faithful woman has been waiting for years and years for her kids to join the church. Her husband is Muslim and wouldn't let the kids get baptized, but she has always known that they would join the church eventually. She shared with us somethings that her Patriarchal blessing says about them being leaders in the church. When she was saying her prayer, it reminded me of the story in the Book of Mormon when the angel comes to Alma the younger and says, "Behold, the Lord hath heard the prayers of his people, and also the prayers of his servant, Alma, who is thy father; for he has prayed with much faith concerning thee that thou mightest be brought to the knowledge of the truth; therefore, for this purpose have I come to convince thee of the power and authority of God, that the prayers of his servants might be answered according to their faith." (Mosiah 27:14) Sister Ahmed has continued to push forward steadfastly and she is seeing these blessings come 15 years or so later. It was such a beautiful thing to be able to witness.

     All in all, Sister Almodovar and I are doing great! Transfers are this week and we are 99% sure they will keep us together again. I sure hope so! There are so many good things happening right now in the Independence 1st ward! We are truly blessed! I love you all! Have a great week! XOXOX

love always,
            Sister Jorgensen


1. I LOVE this family so much! This is Sister Ahmed (she's in our ward). Her son Krishan (behind us sticking his tongue out) got baptized! :) And, Zuhair is the one that we are teaching right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment