Monday, May 12, 2014

The Burch family goes to the temple

April 22, 2014

My Dearest Fam and Friends!

Oh what a week it has been! I have been looking forward to April 19th for quite some time and it finally came! It was such a beautiful day and everything was perfect! John and Lisa's sealing was incredible. I had never been to a live sealing before (seeing as all my friends have gotten married while I've been on the mission! ;) ) and so this was so special for many reasons. After the temple, we went across the street to the stake center where the Liberty 1st ward had put together a cute luncheon for them. It was so much fun to see everyone from my old ward. Almost everyone that I was really close to was there including Sister Rackham and Sommer. Sister Rackham even got to spend the night with me in Independence the night before and we got to be companions again for a few hours, which was so fun! I wish there were words I could use to describe to you how happy this day was. It truly was a joyful day filled with tears and laughter!






On Thursday, we had a powerful lesson with one of our new investigators, Zuhair. His mom is from Columbia and has been a member her whole life and his dad is from some where in the Middle East and is Muslim. His sister was baptized last year and his brother is getting baptized this Saturday. Slowly, all of Sister Ahmed's kids are joining the church. She is one of the most faithful members I know and has such a strong testimony. She told us that she has no doubts that one day all of her kids will be members but that it will be when the Lord feels that they are ready. Zuhair studied with missionaries last year, but he said that he wasn't ready to make the commitment to be baptized because his heart wasn't where it needed to be. The lesson we had with him was incredible. We focused a lot on faith and repentance. The spirit was so strong as we talked about the atonement. I don't know how to explain it, it was just such a great lesson. He wants to get baptized eventually, he just has a lot of personal things he is going through right now. I have no doubt that he will be baptized and we are so excited to start teaching him!

Another miracle that happened this week.....drum roll please...... Melissa and Theo finally came to church! Can you believe it?! Sisters have been working with them for about 10 months now and this is their 2nd time coming to church. This is a complete miracle! I'm hoping that they didn't come just because it was Easter Sunday and that this will become a normal thing for them now. She has been such a unique investigator. A few week ago she told us that she knows the church is true but that she didn't know if she'd ever join. I just sat there with my mouth wide open, no words coming out. She then said if she dies, she really wants us to be baptized for her in the temple. I'm trying to have love and patience with her. We are just so grateful that they finally came to church.

I am so grateful for this Easter. I have done a lot of studying the past few months, of the Savior's life and mission, from the gospels and also Jesus the Christ. I love Him and I know that He lives. I know that because of Him, we are free. I am grateful to be His representative.

love always,
      Hermana Jorgensen




No comments:

Post a Comment