Monday, May 12, 2014

The power that comes from fasting is real.



May 6, 2014

My Dearest Fam and Friends!!!

     I cannot get over how stinkin' adorable Aubsy looked at prom! Noah too! :) She looked BEAUTIFUL (make sure she sees this mama)! I may have teared up a little. I can't believe Baby is all grown up.


 Sometimes I forget that life has actually moved on these past 16 months. In my mind, it still hasn't registered that Ashy's on a mission, all my friends are getting married, or anything and everything else that has changed since I've left. I think I may have an overwhelming awakening when I get home and it all hits me. I feel completely at peace with everything though, I promise. The Lord has a way of calming me down and helping me to stay 100% all in for Him.

     This week has been like none other that I have had on the mission. We have literally had appointments back to back every single day this week. I've had days where that's happened, but not seven in a row. I know that this is common in some missions, but not really in ours. All I can say is that the Lord is truly blessing us. Right now we have five people who are preparing to be baptized (all on dates for before I go home too). I think some of them will for sure make their dates, but others I may just have to fly back out to see. We are seeing miracle after miracle! I've had to stop several times this week and ask myself if this is real life. It's incredible!

     I want to share the most incredible miracle of the week! It happened on Sunday. Sunday we were fasting and I felt prompted by the spirit to fast that Sister Almodovar and I would be able to teach and help two precious souls enter the waters of baptism. I've never fasted specifically for this before, but I knew that that was what I was suppose to fast for. We got to church and in our second hour, the bishop called me and my comp. out of class. He told us that he wanted us to meet someone that was in his office. We went in and met Lloyd Harvey. His wife has been a member her whole life and they have been married for over 20 years. Bishop has been their home teacher for 7 years now and he told us that Lloyd walked into his office and said that he was ready to be baptized. Can you even believe this?! So, we began teaching him yesterday with bishop and he is preparing to be baptized June 7th. Never has this happened to me, let alone probably most missionaries,  where someone just shows up and tells the bishop that he wants to get baptized. I am so grateful and feel so blessed to be able to teach Bro. Harvey. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who is so intimately invested in the details of our lives. I know that there is power in prayer and fasting.

      Another blessing of the week.... Sister Rackham is back at the VC! We're together again! The Burchs came in unexpectedly on Saturday in hopes that they would catch us there and they did. It was so great to see them. Mom and Dad, they said they got the package you guys sent them and LOVED it! We talked all about the temple and how they are feeling since we didn't really have much time to talk about it when they went through. They said they loved it! John even went back last week. He also told me that he got a calling and is now the secretary for the high priests. They are so solid and I love it!

     Well, I love you all so so much! I am so grateful for your prayers, love, and support! I can feel them. Make it a great week! XOXOX

love always,

       Sister Jorgensen  

No comments:

Post a Comment